Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Last of the Knitted Christmas balls in 2012



These are the last of the knitted Norwegian Christmas balls for 2012. We opened presents yesterday at my Mother's house, because we waited for Katherine and Robert to drive in from Texas after spending Christmas with his family. My mother's Christmas tree is a small table size, so she had asked if I could knit Christmas balls smaller. I bought Gloss lace weight yarn (75% wool 25% silk) from Knitpicks and tried knitting them with two strands of the lace yarn. It worked... the little balls are half the size of the ones I had been knitting with DK weight yarn. My mother is very happy with them.


Here they are on the tree. You call also see two square needlepoint ornaments that my Grandmother Baba made years ago, and also three needlepoint stocking ornaments that my mother's best friend, Ann, made. The little cross-eyed clothespin reindeer is an ornament that Katherine and I made one year when she was a little girl. They were so fun!

No comments: