Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Finished My Jelly Roll Race Quilt Top!


Today I finished my Jelly Roll Race quilt top which I started two weeks ago during the long distance Mother-Daughter quilt date that I had with my daughter, Katherine. While it took me several hours total (the woman in the YouTube tutorial does it in 45 minutes), it was very easy and fun! And the batik fabrics in blues and greens are beautiful - prettier in person than in the photo. The finished size is 52 inches X 64 inches. I haven't yet decided if I want to put borders on it to make it a bit larger, or just quilt it and bind it as it is. I'm leaning towards just putting a simple binding on it, because I think borders would detract from the simple beauty of the batik stripes.

Here are some more photos of the project as it progressed.








No comments: