Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Vexillo Baby Blanket for Baby Karen

I finally finished the knitted baby blanket I've been working on for my cousins, Rodger and Leslea's first grandchild, Karen. The rocking chair the blanket is draped over is the one I bought when my daughter, Katherine, was born. The blanket is simple and fun to knit, using self-striping sock yarn. The pattern is called Vexillo and is available free from Berroco.
This is a photo of the wrong side so you can see the seaming. The seaming wasn't as fun as the knitting, but once I got into it, I didn't mind it all that much. I had slipped the first stitch in each row of knitting as if to purl with the yarn in front. This left a nice, clear edge and made the seaming pretty easy.
And this is baby Karen on the day she was born in April.

No comments: